Newly engaged? Once you come down from Cloud-9, you'll realize that you have so much to do.
After you have secured your date and venue, you should research your hair and makeup team. It is totally ok if you don't have your dress, know what you want or even have any clue of who is going to be actually receiving services quite yet. The main thing you need to do right now is hire a team. With this past few year's postponements, you could be fighting hundreds of other brides for the same team on the same date.
To help expedite the process, here are some questions you should be asking when interviewing hair and makeup teams:
1. Are you insured?
Yes! Each artist is required to maintain a liability insurance policy. If any emergency situation arises, know that you, your party, and your artist are protected.
2. Is everyone on your team licensed by the state board of cosmetology? Ask for proof!
Yes! We require our hairstylists to be licensed by their state board of cosmetology. We thoroughly document each artists licenses and insurance policies.
3. What happens if I need to postpone my wedding?
Postponements happen! Especially after the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020; please rest assured that we will work tirelessly and make sure that you and your party are taken care of in the event of a postponement.
4. What protocols do you have in place to keep my family and friends safe?
All of our hair and makeup artists are licensed and insured. You and your party can have peace of mind knowing that you are in the most safe and professional care.
5. Do you have a minimum number of services?
Yes, we do! Check out our FAQ's page for a more in-depth breakdown of our minimum service requirements.
6. What is the fee to travel on-site?
Our travel fees vary based on the time of year and the location that you are looking to book. Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will customize your travel fee.
7. How often is someone working in your office answering the phone and emails? Trust us- you'll want someone on your side when you have an emergency question about your getting ready timeline. You shouldn't have to wait days for an answer!
Our Operations Team has eyes on text messages and email 24/7! Rest assured, we respond very quickly.
8. How long have you been in business?
We have been in business since the early 2000's! We are close to our 20 year anniversary.
9. What is the deposit and is it applied towards the final contract balance?
We require a deposit of $495.00 and it is applied towards your final contract balance.
10. Are trials included in the rates?
Trials are not included in your wedding day hair and makeup pricing. They are an additional fee.
11. If I book before coming in for a trial, will I receive a discount on my trial?
We do not offer discounts for pre-booking.
12. What happens if my artist is sick on the week or day of my wedding?
We always have a back-up plan. If your artists is unable to provide services for your wedding day, we will send one of our back-up artists. Rest assured, you will receive the same quality of services!
13. Will I meet the same artist(s) at my trial that will come to me on my wedding day?
Yes! The artists that you work with for your trial will be the artists providing services on your wedding day.
14. Where can I see third party reviews about your company and team of artists?
Check out our reviews on Google, Wedding Wire, TheKnot/Wedding Channel, and Yelp!
15. How much time is needed for my group?
This mostly depends on how many members are receiving services and what your day-of timeline is. We typically allot 30 minutes per service. Send us an email (email@example.com) and we will customize your hair and makeup timeline.
16. Will you stay for touch-ups?
Yes, we will!
17. What if I don't love my trial?
Let us know! We will be happy to discuss with you and set you up with a second trial. We want you to love your look and be honest with us!
18. Can you work with someone who has a wig, makeup sensitivities, rosacea, etc.?
Absolutely! Please let us know prior to wedding day any allergies or sensitivities so our artists can be best prepared.
19. What is the difference between airbrush and traditional makeup?
This is a great question! Check out our blog, Airbrush Vs Traditional Makeup For Your Wedding Day - A must-read for all brides, for an in-depth breakdown of the key differences between these makeup applications.
20. What will we discuss during my consultation?
Anything and everything! We value your honest feedback. We want to know what you love, what you don't love, and everything in between.
Here at Updos For I Dos, we have all of these answers ready for you! Head over to our FAQ page - if you don't see your questions listed, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!